Hello and thank you for visiting.
I no longer actively post to this blog but have kept the page available in the hope you will explore the archives and find some bit of information, support or encouragement. I do periodically check comments so do feel free to comment on anything you read here.
Nowadays, I can be found blogging at nanakoosasplace.blogspot.com
and at

Peace, Health and Blessings!
Jenny

Wednesday, September 8, 2010

Sick upon sick

For the past three days I have been sick with an intestinal virus. I promise not to go into details, but I will say it's been a long time since I actually had a fever. I spent a day in that in and out half awake half dream state that happens when I do have one. I think I may have had some deep spiritual revelations, but I'm not sure. I guess if I did they're stored in my subconscious somewhere. One conscious revelation I've had is that after months of feeling sick from treatment, the old "things could be worse" platitude suddenly applies. As I'm starting to feel better, I feel good. I can actually get out of bed, I can eat (a little) I cleaned my room a little. The trick now is to not get all manic and try to catch up on an entire weeks worth of "stuff left undone". Goodness knows I've learned what can and can't be put off, done in small bits or (heaven forbid) delegated to someone else.
I also realized how truly important it is to take care of ourselves while on treatment. Our bodies are working so hard to fight off this virus that when another one hits it hits hard. I don't know if there's anything I could've done to prevent it; plenty of people around here have the same bug. But I do know one thing, I'm going to be much more compliant about taking my vitamins and eating fresh fruits and veggies...and drinking all that tons of water every day!
Here's to your Health as I raise my glass of water in salute to all who are battling this crappy disease!

© 2010 Jennifer Hazard

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments, feedback, critique, questions, snippets of wisdom, jokes-all are encouraged here